You can get Six Moon Designs gear through any of the following options :
- Online - Simply select your gear from this website and place an order via our shopping cart.
- Phone Orders - If online orders still make you jittery, just give us a call. We'll gladly take your order over the phone.
- Dealers - Check out one of our dealers list on our Dealers Page.
For security reasons, on international orders we may restrict the use of Credit Cards in some countries. In this case, you may be instructed to make the payment either through PayPal or Western Union Money Order. If there is a restriction, you'll be notified upon receipt of order.
Large Volume Orders
For new customers we break up initial "Large Volume Orders" into multiple pieces. Once we're assured that payment and shipping is correct on the first component, we'll ship the remaining goods.
We currently have two different payment options, Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) and PayPal.
- - Credit Cards are charged once the online order is complete.
- - With PayPal, your account is automatically deducted at the time the order is processed online.
The vast majority of our shipping is done using US Post Office For Domestic US Shipping we use Priority Mail. The delivery time is generally within two to three days. For International Shipping we recommend US Postal Express International. International packages generally arrive within five working days.
On request we can ship UPS or Federal Express. These packages are shipped Ground and can take up to a week to be delivered. If you need this service, make a note in the comments section on the order form.
For Overnight Shipping, we use US Postal Express. You should note that the Post Office does not guarantee overnight delivery in remote locations. So if you're out in the boondocks, it may still take a couple of days.
Once we process a Mailing Label, tracking information is automatically sent to the account email on file. Tracking information on the Post Office is unfortunately pretty limited. So if you need more detailed tracking, you may opt for some other shipping service.
Unfortunately once your package has been delivered to the shipping companies; it's in the hands of the shipping Gods. Six Moon Designs takes no responsibility for packages lost in transit or stolen from your front porch.
Shipping to Trail Towns
We have a pretty complete database of all the standard trail towns on the Appalachian Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and the Pacific Crest Trail. So we can generally get it to where you need it. For remote locations, you should make sure to allow sufficient time for your package to arrive.
Our products are designed to be light to allow your back-country tips to be more enjoyable. To keep them light, we look for the lightest material possible. Occasionally this is at the expense of making them bulletproof. If you need a pack you can toss off a cliff, look elsewhere. However, if you need one that will take a moderate amount of abuse and still get you to your destination, we may have your solution.
Our gear has been used on backpacking trips covering thousands of miles and come out in good shape. The key to making your gear last, means knowing how to use and not abuse it.
For those times when our products do need to come in for repair, we perform repairs at a reasonable rate plus return shipping. Frequently the repair cost is simply the cost of the postage to return the repaired item. If for some reason you product requires more extensive repairs, we will contact you with an estimate on the cost, before proceeding.
There are limits on the extent of the repairs we can do.
- Tents where major panels have been shredded cannot be repaired.
- Packs where the exterior mesh panels have lots of large holes.
Procedures for Returning an Item for Repair
- Get an RMA#. First contact us via email or phone call and get and Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number. This is an internal number we use to track items that have been received. You need to clearly write this number on the outside of your package.
- Clean your gear. All products should be cleaned prior to sending them for repair. Packs and tents should be brushed free of dirt and sponge cleaned if necessary. Items received that are deemed too dirty to work on will be returned un-repaired. To expedite your repair, please send us clean gear.
- Document your return address. To ensure your item is returned correctly, include a note inside your package with your email, name, address, and a description of the problem.
- Mark the problem areas. Clearly mark the damaged areas. This can be done masking or colored tape. On silicone fabrics use a safety pin to secure the tape.
- Thoroughly check your item to remove any personal items that maybe attached.
- Remove extra items.
- For Pack remove your Stays, Pads or anything else attached to the pack. When removing the stays, note their orientation so you can replace them correctly.
- For tents remove any poles, stakes or extra guy-lines you may have attached.
Our products are fully warranted to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship. If our product fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product, without charge, or replace it, at our discretion.
What's Not Covered
This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use.
Damage such as from rips and tears in the materials is not covered under the warranty and are considered normal wear and tear.
You are responsible for paying for postage for all products returned for Warranty Coverage. If the item is covered under Warranty, we'll absorb the return shipping cost. However, if there is a requirement to return the item faster than our normal shipping times, any additional charges will be billed.
Should you need to return the product for warranty or repair, contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. We will inspect the gear to determine if defective. At which time we will either repair or replace free of charge. Service or repair of items not covered under warranty will be done at nominal charge.
We are confident you will pleased with your Six Moon Designs equipment. However, if for some reason your purchase from Six Moon Designs does not meet your needs, you may return any unused items within 30 days for a full refund (less shipping charges). Return items must be in new and in a condition where they able to be resold. If setting up a tent to test it out, make sure you do so in an area that is clean.
Please thoroughly inspect your item. We do a thorough check, but sometime things slip through. So make sure you check it out. Load up your pack with all your gear and take it for a walk. Setup your tent before you hit the field. You may need to several attempts to learn the best technique to achieve the perfect pitch.
What Can Not Be Returned
- Packs or tents that have been used in the field and are dirty.
- Stakes that have been used to setup the tent on trial runs. So use an alternate set of stakes for setting up your tent until you happy.
- Tents that have not been seam sealed by us. So please setup your tent and check it out before you attempt too seam seal it.
- Gear where a custom modification has been requested
- Items sold as either Discontinued or Scratch & Dent. So before ordering these items make sure you really want them.
- Products purchased from retail establishments. Please return your item to the place of purchase.
When returning an items please do the following:
- Include a copy of your Sales Receipt in the package. This way we can properly credit you.
- Contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Thoroughly check your item to remove any personal items.
Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks of receipt of goods.
What Do We Collect?
When you visit our site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you actively choose to disclose (“Active Information”), and use information collected, in a way not visible to you, on an aggregate anonymous basis as you and others browse our site (“Passive Information”).
Persons Under 13
Person under 13 should NOT disclose information on this site. Additional information about children’s privacy maybe found on the Federal Trade Commission website at Protecting Kids' Privacy.
No active information is derived from persons merely browsing our web site. In order to purchase our gear, we need to collect sufficient information to complete the transaction (name, address, phone, email, credit information). This information is stored on a secure web site.
We collect standard passive information generally associated with internet browsing. This includes time and length of visit, pages viewed, ip addresses, browser used, etc. This information is used to track patterns of usage and allows us to tailor the site to serve you better. This information is never disclosed to third parties, nor does it contain any personal information.
Providing Information to Government As Required by Law
In pursuant of official government request, we may turn over information provided to us via this web site.
We secure your personal information submitted by you by using reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction. Your communications with us via email may not be secure. You assume the risk if you choose to communicate with us through these means.
You're free to fully utilize the Six Moon Designs forms however we do have a few guidelines.
You may not submit or upload to our forums any material content which meets the following:
- Any post that libels, defames or invades privacy.
- Any post this is obscene, profane, pornographic, abusive or threatening.
- Any post which violates any laws.
- Any post which violates someone else's copyrights.
- Any post which contains viruses or materials designed to damage or corrupt another's computer.
- Any post that contains advertises or attempts to solicits funds by this sale of goods and services.
People who break the rules will be banned from the site and their post will be deleted.
Any discussions, recommendations or suggestions concerning Six Moon Designs products are deemed the copyright of Six Moon Designs any maybe used or incorporated into our products without recompense. So please don't make a suggestion about a product if you wish to keep it private.
Text for Discounts
Six Moon Designs will occasionally help sponsor an individual. Sponsorships are limited to either free or discounted gear. We currently do not have a formal program. So you'll need to contact us directly.
We always encourage people to seam seal their own tents. This process helps you understand how the tents are constructed and allows you to visually inspect the tent. It's not a difficult process and generally only takes an hour.
For people with a busy schedules, we do offer a seam sealing service. Since we're processing multiple shelters at a time, we can't wait for sunny days to individually set them up and seal them. Typically we seal no more than three tents at a time. So during busy times tents needed to be sealed maybe be delayed.
We generally allow two days for the tents to cure before shipping. This time can vary depending upon heat and humidity. During warm summer days, curing can be completed in less than 24 hours. On those cold humid winter days, drying can take longer.
To seam seal our shelters, we lay them out on a large 6’ X 12’ table. How the sealant is applied varies depending upon the seam. Most of the seams are stretched apart and the sealant is injected directly via a syringe. Other seams are painted by a small brush. Both methods thoroughly penetrate the seams and provide excellent water protection.
Once all of the seams have been coated, the shelter is then hung to dry. Unfortunately this is the step that’s most likely to cause problems. Our main workroom is a relatively small 20’ X 30’ area where a multitude of tasks are performed, including inspecting and folding tents, prepping packs, making prototypes and fixing gear. In general it’s a pretty busy area. We do have a dedicated undisturbed area for drying tents. However, it’s not very large and the hanging shelters can come into contact with each other.
This shelter to shelter contact can on allow some sealer to be deposited on exposed areas of adjacent shelters. This results in a cosmetic issue and in no way compromises the integrity of the sealed seams. If you wish to avoid this potential contact on your shelter, it is recommended you seal your own tent.
If you purchase a shelter from us and are dissatisfied with the appearance of the seam sealing, you are free to return the unused shelter back to us. You have the option of a full refund or new non-seam sealed shelter. If you select the non-seam sealed option, you will be refunded the difference between the original price of the seam sealing and the shipment of the new tent.
We frequently get request to do custom work. This runs the gambit of completely new products to extensive modifications to making packs or tents in special colors. Unfortunately, we're not setup to do this kind of custom work. Fortunately there are some Ultralight gear manufactures setup to do this kind of work.
Modifications we can do!
If requested, we can do minor modifications to our gear before shipping it. These can include adding additional tie outs to tents or doing minor modifications to packs. If you're interested in this, please contact us directly with your idea. If we can accommodate your request, we'll let you know the cost.
Note:Custom modified gear is not returnable.